Art for Life

This is the Blog for Afromine.com, the official website of Delaware artist Michael J. Riley.

Wednesday, July 09, 2008

The Pet Corner

Anyone who has had a pet living in his or her household for any period of time will agree that they are loving members of the family.

Pets have their own "personalities" and sometimes act like children and other times act as if they are the number-one breadwinners. You gotta love'em.

When I was a child, my dad brought home an adorable little lad - a two-month-old pure-bread German Sheppard. I was elated! I couldn't wait to take him for a walk outside and show him off. My dad explained to me the responsibilities that go along with having such a young pet and after I had agreed to living up to my responsibilities, my new best friend, Goliath, and I dashed out the door.

Goliath was a beautiful dog. He had very clean markings across his broad chest; long, straight ears; a long tail and the biggest paws I had ever seen. Goliath, indeed, was appropriately named.

My dog and I grew-up together. He lived to the ripe old age of thirteen (ninety-one in people years). He was a very important member of our family and I miss him dearly to this day. Goliath passed away on my twenty-fourth birthday. His memorial still stands in my back yard.

I shall always cherish Goliath's memory, but I still find it too painful to do a portrait of him myself - and I have yet to find anyone else whom I feel would accurately capture that beautiful "personality" of his that I knew and loved so much.

For this reason, I am committed to helping my fellow pet lovers by offering you affordable rates for portraits of your pet(s), rendered with the love and respect that they and you so richly deserve.

Prices start as low as $300 (depending on the number of pets in the composition).

  • Oils on canvas
  • Pastels on paper
  • Charcoal on paper
  • Contact Michael at Afromine

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home