Art for Life

This is the Blog for Afromine.com, the official website of Delaware artist Michael J. Riley.

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Welcome to the Good Life!

Life comes at us in many different directions. One minute it is looking pretty good and at times... not so good. But, I have come to realize that no matter what comes up... Life is good. I used to work at a particularly difficult job. It got to the point where it was a struggle just to give a darn about anything there. See, my eyes finally were opened and I no longer liked what I was seeing. But, I hesitated in making a move out the door. Well, turns out that I didn't have to make that move. It was made for me. No, I did not get fired and no my former employer did not give me a phony speech about, "thinking it is best if we parted ways..." The way it went down was that they said they were eliminating my position. My response was, Whew!" Thank you! As much as I had been praying for God to help me to deal with that situation at the bank... His final answer was, "You're out of there!" The Holy Spirit told me before they even called me into the office what they were about to say. I think the two people who told me the news did not realize that they were giving me an invitation to a party to which they were not invited. So, as I read the letter they gave to me, it didn't read as intended... I did not see bad news. In fact, when I read it, I saw Good news, "Welcome to the good life!" Now, I am free and responsible for my own future. I am no longer bound to negativity and a whole lot of other crap. Today, I am finally free to pursue my art and choose where to apply my energy and attention.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home