Art for Life

This is the Blog for Afromine.com, the official website of Delaware artist Michael J. Riley.

Saturday, May 13, 2006

Take it Easy

I had two close calls today... Both involved my almost getting hit by inattentive or reckless individuals.
The first incident happened as I was walking to my car in a Wal-Mart parking lot. I didn't handle that one too well (plead the fifth). The second occurred as I was waiting for a chance to turn off of Lancaster Avenue. A car came barreling towards me from the rear. I saw that the driver was not going to stop, so I dashed into the oncoming lane to avoid being smashed from the rear. Luckily, no cars were in the oncoming lane. The reckless driver continued on his way, apparently not the least bit concerned about what he just did. It is a shame that idiots seem to always take someone else down with them as they crash and burn.

Take it easy.

3 Comments:

At 1:29 PM , Blogger daftkitty said...

Somebody rear-ended me on Fourth Street last week... same deal, I could see them coming and nothing I could do about it! It's something in the water around here, crazy drivers.

 
At 10:34 PM , Blogger miriam said...

There is definitely something wrong with (many)Delaware drivers. They seem to be blind to the presence of other drivers. They act like they are alone on the road.

They wouldn't last a week in New Jersey.

 
At 11:00 PM , Blogger Mike R. said...

I know... Although I am a native Delawarean, it is sad to say that whenever I am returning from a trip down south, I notice a change in the way folks drive as I get closer to home - I start to notice the tailgating, unsafe lane changes, etc... More than anything, I can't stand the inattentive and agressive driving!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home