Art for Life

This is the Blog for Afromine.com, the official website of Delaware artist Michael J. Riley.

Thursday, September 01, 2005

Follow me, I'm right behind you!

Ah, science... sweet science... leaders of industry...
I love to read. I'm sure that over the years, if I add up all of the snippets that I have perused, I have managed to accumulate a couple hours of study time. I may not have read entire books, but at least I did open some covers, which seems to be more than I can say about some of these eggheads who are still trying to convince me that I was not created by a Higher Being. This is an open letter to those who would have me to believe they are "all powerful." First of all, I don't worship little gods. I worship GOD. You may think that you are master of your laboratory, but not beyond. You just might gain a glint of credibility if you can explain/answer the following:

1. Since you created this world, why did you do it and how long will it last?
2. Do you know every living thing by name, including those who have yet to be?
3. Since you are all-knowing, from which test tube did the tsunami come?
4. Why must even brilliant men pass away? Wouldn't it be more useful to practice your genius eternally?
5. How many hairs do I have on my head? Oh yeah, I'm bald, so how many did I used to have?

Re-search;
organized study: methodical investigation into a subject in order to discover facts, to establish or revise a theory, or to develop a plan of action based on the facts discovered

I noticed that this definition didn't include any mention about solving anything, so I guess you're off the hook.

Here's how I think the word research breaks down regarding those who say that God did not create me:

Re-search;
to look again: methodical re-investigation of Revelations in order to uncover facts, which prove "I am that I am" or to develop a plan of action when the prophecies are fulfilled.